"Building Confidence to Realise Potential"
Fáilte go suíomh idirlíon Scoil Naomh Maolmhadóg Buachaillí
Welcome to the school website
St. Malachy’s Boys National School
Principal: Mr. Kevin Stanley
St. Malachy's Boys National School is situated in Anne Street, Dundalk, Co Louth in the Republic of Ireland. The school has a long and proud history, having been founded by the Dominican Fathers in the 18th century. The first school, the Chapel School, was opened in 1827 in the Priory. In 1833, it became a fully recognised national school and moved to the building now used as the Rosary Centre. In 1900, it moved again to the site of the current Infants School. The present school was opened in 1953 on a site less than 150m from the original Chapel School. The school caters for boys from 2nd to 6th class. A three room extension was built in 2012-2013 and officially blessed and opened in June 2014.